Feature Available on All Plans
Available on Web and Mobile
Assigning students to rooms allows you to better track track your student's activities across several brightwheel features such as reporting, logging activities, and tracking attendance and room changes throughout the day.
Brightwheel allows you to assign as many rooms to any student as needed, to make the check-in process easier for teachers and parents we have also added a Homeroom feature.
- Homeroom - This will be the default room shown at check-in for the student.
- Additional Rooms - All other rooms a student is assigned to, this allows them to be moved, checked in and out of, and parents can receive messages from.
Changing a student's room assignment is easy to do from the web, or mobile app.
From the Web:
- Click the Students tab and select the desired student
- Click Edit next to the Rooms section of the student's profile
- Add or remove as many rooms as needed
From the Mobile App:
- Select a child by tapping their profile
- Tap Edit in the top right corner of the screen
- Under Rooms, tap Homeroom if you wish to edit the student's homeroom assignment or Others if you wish to add or remove any room assignments (check all Rooms you wish to assign and hit Save)
*Note that Students will only be able to move to rooms they are assigned to.