Programs in brightwheel helps administrators with their overall enrollment managment needs. A program is any grouping of students by some common characteristic, most often by age group (Infants, Toddlers, 3-5) and/or by schedule (full-time, part-time, after-school, MWF). Because schools organize their students into programs, the capacity of their school is also related to programs. It may be common for a school to have no available space in one program, but a lot of space in another program. Visibility into this capacity at the program level supports administrator management of scheduling, room allocation, etc.
Table of Contents
Add a New Program
Adding a new program is quick and easy!
- Navigate to the Enrollment section in brightwheel and click Programs
- Click New Program
- Fill in the fields specific to this program and click Save
Explanation of Fields
- Name: The public facing name of the program that would be shown in the profile to admins, and later, to parents in any forms
- Description: A public facing description of the program
- Max Capacity: The maximum number of students that can be enrolled in this program (full + part-time)
- Min / Max Age: The age range for this program
- Start / End Date: The dates for which this program runs. The end Date is optional as many programs rollover year to year, but is helpful for any specialized programs that schools might have.
Assign Students to a Program
Much like room assignments, students can be assigned to one or more programs from their Student Profile. Assigning all students to your programs will help administrators with their overall Enrollment management and projections.
- Click the Students tab and select the desired student
- Click Edit next to the Enrollment Details section of the student's profile
- Add or remove as many programs as needed and Save