Brightwheel offers the most streamlined and flexible check-in process in early education software. Administrators can manage their check-in settings to determine exactly how they would like to have parents check their students in each day by collecting parent signatures or enabling Quick Scan! The Kiosk also locks your screen and pauses notifications to maintain a secure process for your school.
Table of Contents
Access the Check-in Kiosk
Any teacher with admin access can launch the Check-in Kiosk. This is where parents will enter their four digit check 4-digit code prior to having their student(s) be displayed for check-in.
- Navigate to the Administrator Dashboard on the mobile app
- Tap Check-in Kiosk
- Enter your 4-digit code
Please Note: This code can be found under Edit Profile in your account.
Once the administrator has determined the proper settings for the school and the Check-in Kiosk is launch, Parents will use one of the 3 options for checking in their student:
- Check-in Code Only (default)
- Check-in Code + Signatures
- Check-in Code+ Quick Scan
Please Note: Parents can find their 4-digit code under Edit Profile in their accounts.
Check-in Code Only
This is the default setting for the Check-in Kiosk and is done from the school's device.
- Parent enters their 4-digit check-in code
- Parent can then toggle the in/out button to check their child in or out
- Parent taps Done to complete the process
Please Note: If two parents have the same check-in code, they will be prompted to enter the last four digits of the phone number on their profile, to confirm who their identity.
Check-in Code + Signature
This is the exact same process as above, but the parent will be required to sign the screen in addition to
- Parent enters their 4-digit code on the school's device
- Parent toggles the in/out button next to their child's name, then taps Done
- Parent leaves a digital signature, and taps Done again to complete
Please Note: Only parents/approved pickups can check-in students via the Check-in Kiosk. For teachers to check-in students, please use Attendance Mode.
Check-in Code + Quick Scan
- Parent scans the QR code with their phone
- Parent toggles the in/out button to check their child in or out on their own device
- Parent taps Done, then enters their 4-digit check-in code on their own device
Please Note: This option requires use of a parent's mobile device and is not compatible with digital signatures.
Check-in Kiosk in Room Device
- Navigate to the Attendance tab
- Tap on the Open Check-in Kiosk button at the bottom
- Use the Kiosk as normal
Please Note: There are a few differences compared to the regular kiosk mode:
- The screen will not be locked, which means no check-in code is required to enter or exit the kiosk.
- Push notifications will still be displayed while in the kiosk (in the regular check-in kiosk, push notifications are blocked).