The Daily Attendance Summary in brightwheel allows teachers and staff to pull an attendance report based on classroom, status, and any 32-day date rage to see how many days a specific student was in attendance during that time. The report will count a student as present for a day if that the student has a check-in for that day.
Create a Daily Attendance Summary Report
- Log into brightwheel online
- Navigate to the Reports section
- Click on the Daily Attendance Summary option under Room Reports
- Select the Date Range,
- (Optional) Choose a Room to see students that were in attendance in that specific room, and/or Student Status and click Create Report
- (Optional) To only report on attendance on weekdays, check the Exclude Weekend Days box
From here, you can either Print or Export this report by clicking the gray buttons in the upper right-hand portion of your report.
In cases where a student has been checked-out but was never checked-in (which can happen if the check-in record was deleted), or if the student was marked absent on a day that also has check-in/out information, you will see an error on this report. At the top of the report you will see a banner with the total number of errors in the selected time period. You can toggle the switch to only show students with errors.
To review the type of error that has occurred and correct it:
- Click Fix Error next to the highlighted record
- Either delete the inaccurate record or click the pencil icon to correct a record to add a check-in/out time
- Once the banner at the top of the box reads Error Fixed click Save changes
- You can always click Cancel to see the original error information
Please Note: The date the the error occurred will be located in the top right hand corner of the edit box.