Seasonal programs and camps have unique needs that impact their adoption of technology. Brightwheel is here to help! Whether it's quickly updating your roster for your next camp session or setting up billing plans that are specific to your camp or program, brightwheel provides the tools you need to quickly and effectively manage the day-to-day operations of your program.
Table of Contents
If you are a summer camp or other type of seasonal program that does not run year-round, we can help set you up on an annual subscription that charges you once a year at the beginning of your season for the months you will be in operation using brightwheel Premium. For more information or to get set up, please reach out to email@example.com.
To get this conversation off to the right start, please include the following information about your program when you email our sales team:
- Operating Months: Let us know the number of months (or weeks) you will be actively using brightwheel. This should include months of operation + prep and post-season wrap-up
- Enrollment: Please provide the average enrollment in your program during months of operation
- Locations: If you have multiple locations, please provide the above information broken down by location and let us know if you would like this to be billed together or separately
Unlike typical year-round centers, seasonal programs may need to completely update their roster far more frequently as sessions change. Brightwheel is here to help with fast turnaround of your roster uploads and updates. Alternatively, administrators can quickly update critical information in bulk on the web.
Here is what that process looks like:
- First Roster: When you set up your brightwheel account, you can submit your roster to us in any format or using our template. See more on this here.
- Roster Updates: When one session ends and another begins, you can update your roster by exporting the current one, make the desired changes and additions, and send this to us to upload. This is a great way to add new students, change room assignments, and mark outgoing students as inactive.
- Bulk Updates Online: Brightwheel enables staff members to update student status and homeroom assignments right from the web. This is great if you use rooms to manage camp sessions or need to mark outgoing students as inactive.
Please Note: When setting a student's status to inactive, you are able to filter them out in the app and online, but can still report on their activity in the future.
Every program is unique in the way they set up their billing platform. Wile most of our year-round centers utilize our recurring billing feature, this does not always fit well for seasonal programs.
In brightwheel, you can create Invoice Items. This is a great way to set up your fees for camp sessions, meals or snacks, registration fees, or any other line item that is applicable to your program. You can then create invoices using those items.
If you use rooms to separate out your sessions, this is a great way to create a single invoice for all students in that room.