If your provider has elected to use brightwheel Billing, it can be confusing to know who you need to reach out to for answers. This guide should help answer those questions!
When to Contact the Center
Programs are responsible for the creation and management of all charges and refunds. Since each program sets its own tuition rates and fees, the Administrators will be the most knowledgeable about the charges on your bill. The program is also responsible for issuing credits or refunds.
Common questions for your program include:
- This tuition amount looks incorrect - the discount is missing. Can you fix this?
- Why is my tuition different this month?
- What is this fee for?
- My child was not at the program during this time period, can you adjust my bill?
- I accidentally clicked the “Pay Now” button twice - can you refund my money?
- I didn’t realize the amount of the processing fee when paying by credit card. Can you refund my payment so I can pay with a check?
- I don’t want mandatory autopay - can you turn it off?
When to Contact brightwheel
The brightwheel Support team can help you set up your billing account and answer general product questions. Parents can reach Support directly by emailing email@example.com.
Common questions for brightwheel include:
- I’m trying to add my deposit account, but I’m getting an error. Can you help?
- How can I verify my bank account? I haven’t seen the micro-deposits added yet.
- Where can I find a summary of payments for my taxes?
- I no longer wish to use autopay, can you remove my payment method?
While Mandatory Autopay is a setting that is controlled by your program, if you wish to remove a payment method, brightwheel’s Support team can help with this! We will need you to provide the email address (or phone number) associated with your brightwheel account and confirm the last 4 digits of the payment method you wish to remove.
Trying to stop a payment that is Processing?
Important: If you have made a payment that is currently in a Pending/Processing status, neither brightwheel nor the program has any ability to cancel or stop the pending charge.
The charge must be marked as Paid in order for your program to take action on it.
The program is responsible for administering all refunds to parents. If charges overdraw your account, we recommend that you work with the program to form a resolution as brightwheel is not responsible for any overdraft fees.
You can find more information about Avoiding Payment Disagreements in this linked article.
If you are the program Administrator and need assistance verifying your deposit account, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you no longer wish to receive online payments, brightwheel Support can assist you with completing the steps to remove your program’s deposit account. You can send an email to email@example.com to initiate this process.