Staff Profiles in brightwheel allow school administrators to keep track of all the important information regarding their staff and employment records. Two critical sections of the staff profile are Certifications and Professional Development Hours. This feature is only available to those with administrator privileges.
Table of Contents
The certifications section of the staff profile provides administrators a centralized location to keep track of a staff member's official education. The following information can be logged in here:
- Degree: Choose from GED or High School Diploma, Associate, Bachelor's, or Master's degree, PhD, EdD, or other doctorate degree, and Other.
- Certification: Type in any certification(s) the staff member may hold.
- Early Childhood Education Credits: Add any ECE credit hours that this staff member has earned (numeral only field).
- Infant Toddler Credits: Any earned infant toddler credit hours can be tracked here (numeral only field).
- Notes: Include any additional information regarding the staff member's formal education.
Update Staff Certifications
- Navigate to the Staff page online
- Click on the desired staff member's name to click Options > View/Edit
- Hit Edit on the Certifications section
- Add/update the information as desired and click Save
Professional Development Hours
The professional development hours section of the staff profile is the perfect place to log any trainings, courses, or any other educational accomplishments that the staff member has attended or earned internally or through a third party.
Add a New Training
- Navigate to the Staff section of the web
- Locate the staff you are logging a training for and click on their name or Options > View/Edit
- Click the + Add a training link
- Select the Training Type from the dropdown or type a custom name to add it to the drop down for future use by clicking the + Click here to create "..."
- Complete the prompts and click Save
Please Note: The type of training and the training name do not have to match, this is up to you.
Attaching Certification and Training Records
Administrators may want to keep a copy of the certificate of competition or certification that they have logged in either of these sections of the staff profile. The Attachments section is a great place to store these in a centralized location.
In addition to have these files being conveniently stored in the staff profile, administrators can add an expiration date for these certifications so that they can report on when a specific training or certification needs to be updated. This is particularly helpful with things like CPR and First Aid certifications.