The vast majority of providers that use brightwheel have at least one form that requires a parent signature. With brightwheel's Contract feature any PDF form can be uploaded into the Applications tab and sent to parents to sign. This is vital to centers that collect: Tuition Agreements, Photo Release Forms, Medication Release Forms, or any other center-specific contract.
Table of Contents
Create a New Contract
A new contract can be created from any saved forms that you may already be using ar your center. Simply save the form as a PDF and upload it to brightwheel!
1. Navigate to the Applications tab in the Enrollment section of brightwheel
2. Choose the Contract option under the Create New drop-down
3. Enter the contract's name, type, and notes and click Continue
4. Drag & drop the PDF contract to the Contract Review section or choose the Browse to Upload option
5. Additional custom fields can be added to the Contract Details section if desired
6. Preview your contract, once complete click Create
7. Choose to save the contract as a Draft or set Live and click Create
Share a Contract
Contracts can be shared with any family in your program directly from the contract's page as long as the student has at least one parent contact added to their account. Alternatively, contracts can be shared directly from the Forms tab in an individual student’s profile. Once a contract has been shared with a family, all parents associated with that student will receive an email notification inviting them to review and sign the contract. Parents will also be able to view all contracts and forms that have been shared with them from the Applications tab in their student's profile.
Parent View - Signing a Contract
Immediately after the contact has been shared with a parent, they will receive an email with the subject line "[School Name] has requested you complete [Contract Name] for [Student Name]". This email will contain a link directly to this contact. They can also access this contract from the Forms tab in the student's profile. Prior to signing the contract, the parent will need to confirm that they agree to use this feature.
Clicking Review on the contract will immediately download the PDF contract where they can save it to their computer and review it. Once they are ready, they can enter their full name and date. By entering their full name in the Parent Signature field, they are confirming that they have read and agree to the document attached.
Review Contract Submissions
In order to ensure data integrity and verify the parent has correctly submitted the information requested, contracts need to be reviewed by an administrator. Any action taken on a form will update the shared form’s status.
- Navigate to the desired form to view submissions
- Select Review from the Actions drop-down
- Review the information provided on the form and choose Request Changes or Approve submission
- Shared - The contract has been sent to the parent but no action has been taken
- In Progress - The contract has been viewed or started by a parent but has not been completed
- Submitted - The parent has completed the contract and is awaiting review
- Viewed - The completed contract has been viewed by the center but no action was taken
- Approved - The submitted contract was appropriately completed and reviewed
- Needs Changes - The center has requested changes and resent the contract to parents for them to resubmit.
Requesting changes will resend the contract to parents with the details of the changes you have requested. Parents can then resubmit the contract. An approved form will immediately update any field tied to the student’s profile.