iOS Mobile App (Full Android Release to Come)
Brightwheel's Room Device Mode is a great option for schools that do not have devices for each staff member and do not want them to be using their personal devices.
- Allow admins to lock the device by room, allowing multiple staff members to use the same device.
- Teachers assigned to a specific classroom will be able to check kids in and post activities without having to log into their own accounts.
- When sending a message to parents, you're now able to select the specific teacher sending the message in Room Device Mode.
Enable Room Device Mode:
Room Device Mode can be enabled by any staff member with Admin privileges. Here's how to set up a device:
- From the app, go to Administrator home screen > Admin Tools and choose Room Device Mode
- Select the room you'd like, then confirm that you'd like to lock the device in that room
- Now each staff member can use the app as normal.
When logging activities or sending messages in Room Device Mode, teachers and staff can choose who is logging the activity by tapping the profile picture in the upper right-hand corner.
To leave Room Device Mode, tap the three lines in the upper left-hand corner and log out of the app. Then sign in with your staff account.
*Please note, all teachers assigned to that specific room will be available to choose from when logging activities.*
Messaging in Room Device Mode
You will notice that when a staff member views a message in Room Device Mode, there is no reply bar at the bottom of the screen. This is because we want to ensure that the parent knows which staff member is sending the message. To reply, simply back out of the message thread and create a new message.
During that process, brightwheel will prompt you to pick which staff member is sending the message. This will show in the messaging thread as normal!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I switch rooms when I'm in Room Device Mode?
Once you're in Room Device Mode, the only way to switch rooms is to sign out of the app entirely.