iOS Mobile App (Full Android Release to Come)
Brightwheel's Room Device Mode is a great option for schools that do not have devices for each staff member and do not want them to be using their personal devices.
- Allow admins to lock the device by room, allowing multiple staff members to use the same device.
- Teachers assigned to a specific classroom will be able to check kids in and post activities without having to log into their own accounts.
- When sending a message to parents, you're now able to select the specific teacher sending the message in Room Device Mode.
Enable Room Device Mode:
Room Device Mode can be enabled by any staff member with Admin privileges. Here's how to set up a device:
- Open the app to view the Administrator Dashboard
- Tap on Room Device Mode
- Select the room you'd like, then confirm that you'd like to lock the device in that room
- Now each staff member can use the app as normal
When logging activities or sending messages in Room Device Mode, teachers and staff can choose who is logging the activity by tapping the profile picture in the upper right-hand corner.
To leave Room Device Mode, tap the three lines in the upper left-hand corner and log out of the app. Then sign in with your staff account.
*Please note, all teachers assigned to that specific room will be available to choose from when logging activities.*
Messaging in Room Device Mode
Messaging while locked into Room Device Mode is very similar to the way a teacher or staff member would message parents when logged in as themselves. Simply open the message thread for the desired student, or create a new message. When doing so, at the top of the drafted message, you will see Sending as: [Name], tap this to choose the person sending the message. Each message will display the teacher's profile picture and name.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I switch rooms when I'm in Room Device Mode?
Once you're in Room Device Mode, the only way to switch rooms is to sign out of the app entirely.