Brightwheel will send a push notification letting you know there is an update for you to check out. Push notifications are available for both parents and teachers.
Staff members will receive push notifications for in-app messages from parents.
As a parent you can receive push notifications for the following updates about your child:
- Check in/out
- Incidents & Meds
- Food, Nap, & Potty
- Learning & Kudos
Enable Push Notifications on your Device:
You must enable push notifications for both the app and your device.
To enable push notifications from your device (these steps may vary by device):
- Open your device Settings
- Tap on Apps & Notifications
- Pick brightwheel from your list of applications and tap on Notifications
- Allow push notifications by toggling with switch on
On Apple devices the phone notification screen with look like this (this will be slightly different on Android devices):
Customize Push Notifications from brightwheel app:
Brightwheel allows you as a parent to customize which actives result in a push notification. This allows you to stay engaged while limiting the number of notification you receive. Here's how:
- Open the app and tap on the three lines in the upper left-hand corner
- Tap Edit Profile and scroll to Notifications
- Toggle on/off push notifications for each update type that you prefer
- Tap Save
*Note that push notifications default to "on" when you create an account.