Feature Available on Mobile
Brightwheel was created to streamline your parent communication. We have many updates to come around parent messaging. All messages are sent through the app and we do not use email.
In the future we hope to enable opportunities for newsletters and more two-way communication. Please note that messaging is a Premium feature.
Table of Contents
Teacher to Parent Messaging
For daily updates, we still recommend using the notes feature. However, if you would like to send a message, alert, or reminder to a specific student's parents, you can use the messaging feature. At this time, all messages sent from the school will alert all parent contacts on the student's profile.
Teachers/Staff can also send messages to entire rooms using our Mass Messaging feature.
- Click the Message icon (bottom left on iOS, top tab on Android)
- Choose a student(s) from the list or click the message bubble to start a new message for for a single Student
- Select your desired message type
- Type the message and Send
Parents will receive the message in their inbox on the App. They will need the App to access these messages.
- Since we don't offer an email option, some teachers use the photos and notes features to send out shorter, weekly newsletters.
Parents to Teacher Messaging
Parents can now send and receive messages (with a character limit) with teachers with our new Threaded Messages (Android only currently). This is a premium feature within the mobile app, not the web portal. Here's how:
- Click the Child’s Profile
- Click Message icon under the child's profile picture in iOS, top righ-hand corner on Android
- Select General, Late Drop Off, Late Pick Up, Early Pick Up, Not Coming in Today
- Add a note and send