There are instances where a student contact may no longer need access to a specific student profile from their account and would like to have it removed. This can be due to transferring schools or an error when setting up resulting in a duplicate profile. If the contact has been set up with parent-level permissions, they may be able to remove a student’s unwanted profile from their brightwheel account on the web or mobile app as long as the provider that created the student profile has enabled the ability to parents to edit the student profile. This also allows for the removal of other unwanted contacts from the student’s account.
On the Web
- From My Children click on the student profile to be removed
- Select the Profile tab
- Scroll down to the Contacts section and click Edit
- Click Remove on the contact to remove, click Remove again to confirm
- Click My Children from the side menu to refresh the page
From the Mobile App
- Select the student profile to be removed
- Tap the Pencil Icon on Android or Profile on iOS in the upper right-hand corner
- Scroll to the contact to be removed
- Tap the X to remove the association
- Close the app and reopen it to refresh
The duplicate/old profile will be removed from the child list upon refresh. The student and contact profiles will be unlinked, but the student profile will not be deleted. To fully delete the child's old/duplicate profile please reach out to the administrator directly and have them delete the profile.
Please Note: Removing a profile will result in a loss of access to any historical data immediately. Please contact the administrator if this was done in error to be added back.
If there is a student profile with no contacts to delete, or if there is a banner that reads This profile is available to view only please reach out to the school administrator for assistance removing the profile.