Feature Available on All Plans
Available on Mobile
Some states require parent signatures as part of their licensing standards, a Check-In code is the digital equivalent. Check with your local licensing authority on this subject. If you need digital signatures, checkout this article.
Table of Contents
Find Your Check-in Code
Every user with a brightwheel account has a check-in code assigned to them upon the account's creation. You will use this code to check in your child if you are a parent, or yourself if you are a teacher or staff member. Here is where yo find that code:
- Log into the brightwheel mobile app
- Choose the three horizontal lines in the top-left hand corner
- Choose Edit Profile under your profile picture
- Then scroll to the bottom to see your Check-in Code
Customize Your Check-in Code
It is vital that you use your own check-in code to ensure proper record keeping! In the attempt to make this easier, brightwheel allows you to customize your check-in code at any time. Here's how to do this from your profile in the app
- Tap the Edit icon next your check-in code
- You will see an red-orange screen with your current does displayed
- Enter a new 4-digit code
- If your code matches that of another staff or parent, a warning message will be shown, you can still save and use that code but it is not recommended*
- Once you enter a unique code, tap the Save button
*Please Note: If your check-in code is not unique, you will be required to enter the last four digits of your phone number to verify your account before completing a check-in.
Can a parent use their check-in code if they have not activated their brightwheel account?
Yes! If a parent has not activated their account, a staff member can look up their check-in code online and it will work the same. You can find this code from the Parents tab in the brightwheel web app and clicking Reveal next to the parent's name.