Brightwheel has made it even easier to update your student roster through our easy to use Roster Upload Tool. Simply export your roster and make desired changes. Here's how:
- Export Your Current Roster: To get started, export your roster from brightwheel. This report will have all of the editable fields available to you.
- Make Changes: When updating your roster, please be sure to follow the formats outlined here. Any changes you make to a field will overwrite the current information with the exceptions listed below.
- Upload Your Updated Roster: Upload your roster from the students tab on the web. Our team will review the document and import it to your school within 1 business day.
When updating your roster, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Brightwheel ID: The brightwheel_id column is how our system knows which records to updated, do not edit or remove these cells, you may end up with duplicate records if you do.
- Deleting Information: If you remove the information in any given cell, our roster upload will not delete this information in your school. To ensure data integrity, if a cell is blank, our tool will ignore it.
- Student Contacts: Student contacts who have activated their accounts with an email address or phone number cannot be updated by anybody but the user themselves. Any student contacts included on this roster will either be added as new contacts if they are not in our system, or remain unchanged if they are already associated with that student.
- Room Assignments: Changing the Homeroom assignment when editing a roster will update it in your school. If the student has any additional room assignments, such as room_1, room_2, etc, editing these fields, will add the student to additional rooms but not remove them from the additional rooms they were previously assigned to, this can be done from the web or the app.