Downloading and saving media from a child's feed allows parents and family to store important images and videos in their preferred manner. Photos can be downloaded by any student contact on any device from the app or on the web.
Table of Contents
Save Photos and Videos
Photos and videos on a child’s feed can be downloaded from within the app or on the web. Simply locate the media to be downloaded and tap the download icon.
On the App
- Visit a child’s feed and tap on the photo or video
- Tap on the download icon in the bottom for photos and Download in the top right-hand icon for videos to save to your device’s photo library
On the Web
- Visit a child’s feed and right-click the photo
- Save to your desire location
Please Note: Videos can only be downloaded from the brightwheel mobile app at this time.
Bulk Save Workaround
At this time photos must be downloaded individually, not in batches. That said, there is an easy way to hunt down these types of activities to download them much faster. To do this, select your child's profile, then select Feed. From there, you can filter by Photos, and right-click to download each one.
Share to Social Media
In the brightwheel app, student contacts that have been added as a Parent or Family contact type can share photos that the school has posted of the child. Share photos on social media directly from the app or send them via email or text message. All it takes is a tap of a button!
- Scroll to the photo that you'd like to share
- Tap the Save/Share icon on the top-right on your iOS device (tap on the image to see the Share and Save icons at the bottom on Android)
- Select how/where you'd like to share the photo and do so as usual
Please Note: This option is only available on Apple devices at this time. Android users can download the image to share on social media.