Activity reminders enable all teachers and staff to set up one-time or recurring reminders for any checked in student. These can be set to remind staff of diaper checks or bottle and meal feedings. It's a great way to ensure that your staff is staying current on the multiple actives that they should be logging throughout the day.
Table of Contents
- Add Activity Reminders
- Delete or Edit a Reminder
- Reminder Display and Notifications
- Log an Activity from Reminder
Add Activity Reminders
Any teacher or administrator can add an activity reminder for students who have been checked in that day. Here's how:
- From the mobile app, tap the three lines in the upper left-hand corner (If you are an Administrator, Reminders will be an option on the home screen of the app).
- Choose Reminders
- Tap the + icon in the upper right hand corner
- Select the student(s) you would like the reminder to reference (Note: Tap the three dots in the upper right hand corner to Select All) and tap Next
- Choose Food, Bottle, Meds, Potty, Diaper, Nap, or Name to Face and set the time you'd like to be reminded
- (Optional) To set a recurring reminder, toggle the Repeat Until Check-out option and set the interval to repeat the alert
- Tap Add Reminder
Please Note: For one-time reminders, adding the activity for the student prior to the reminder being triggered will clear the reminder (if added within 15 mins of the reminder). For repeat reminders adding the activity prior to the reminder being triggered will reset the reminder timer.
Delete or Edit a Reminder
If you need to change or delete a reminder:
- From the mobile app, tap the three lines in the upper left-hand corner
- Choose Reminders
- Tap on the three dots on the reminder you wish to perform the action
- Choose to Delete or Edit the reminder
Reminder Display and Notifications
Push notifications will alert you when a reminder has come due. Simply tap on the notification to be taken to the reminders section of the brightwheel app.
Please Note: Teachers must be checked-in to receive reminder notifications for their account. If the device is set to Room Device mode notifications will be sent to that device and teachers do not need to be checked-in.
All reminders that you have created for students that are checked in will be displayed in a list by student. If there is more than one reminder for a given student, each reminder type will be displayed with the corresponding icon and the number of minutes until it is due. Overdue reminders will display the number of minutes that have passed since this was due and be in red.
Log an Activity from Reminder
To log an activity that is due, tap on the reminder icon (diaper, bottle, or apple) and you will be taken directly to the log screen for that activity. Complete the relevant information and and save the activity to mark the reminder complete. You can add students to the activity to log the activity for multiple students at a time.