Allowing contacts with parent-level access to maintain, add, or edit information on their student's profiles can be a great way to keep information up to date. Some schools prefer to know when records are changing and would prefer to keep this privilege available to school staff only. School administrators can now turn this privilege on and off as desired for your school from your School Settings!
Table of Contents:
- Enable/Disable Edit Access from the Web
- Enable/Disable Edit Access from the App
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Enable/Disable Edit Access from the Web
Administrators can enable and disable editing permissions through the web, to determine whether contacts with parent-level access are able to edit information on student profiles.
- Log into your brightwheel account
- From the side menu, select My School > Settings
- Click into the School Info tab
- Scroll down to the Access Settings section, and toggle Parents Can Edit Student Info on or off as desired
Enable/Disable Edit Access from the App
- Log in to your brightwheel app
- From the dashboard, click the three lines in the upper right hand corner
- Click School Profile
- Toggle on or off Parents Can Edit Student Info
- Click Save
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can school admins customize this setting for some parents?
This permission toggle is at the school level - either ALL parents can edit Student Profiles or none.
Do new schools need to choose this setting during the Getting Started process?
The default for new Schools is that this setting is toggled “OFF” - meaning parents do not have the ability to edit Student Profile by default for a new school. Current brightwheel schools will retain their current permissions - parents will be able to edit Student Profile until Admin goes in and turns the toggle to “OFF” for this permission.