There may be times where you need to communicate with your families immediately due to an emergency, natural disaster, or even just a simple snow day. We want to make sure you have the tools necessary to effectively communicate critical information to your families.
Our Mass Messaging feature can be utilized from the web or mobile apps and is the best way to quickly communicate with all of your families using the Alert function.
Mass Messaging on Mobile (App)
Message all of your parents at once with our Message All Parents feature.
- Open the brightwheel app to the Administrator Home page
- Click Message All Parents
- Tap the speech bubble in the top right-hand corner
- Select the room(s) you want to message or select all (top right) to message all parents
- Select the message type you wish to send. ** We recommend sending an Alert with SMS messages turned ON. This way you can ensure that parents who don't have the app downloaded receive the alert via text message.
- Type the message and send. Parents will receive the message in their inbox on the app, or if you've chosen an SMS Alert, the message will be delivered to the phone number on file.
- To monitor incoming messages from parents on the app, click into Rooms and click into the messages for each classroom.
Mass Messaging on Web (Computer)
The Announcement feature enables administrators to send messages to all of the parents in a room or many rooms from the web, just like the Message All Parents feature in the brightwheel mobile app. To send a new announcement:
- Open the brightwheel website
- Click on the speech bubble in the top right-hand corner
- Go to the Announcement tab and click +New Announcement
- Select the desired room(s) and click Next
- Pick the message type you would like to send from the drop-down. ** We recommend sending an Alert with SMS messages turned ON. This way you can ensure that parents who don't have the app downloaded receive the alert via text message.
- Compose your message in the text box and click Send Announcement
- To monitor incoming messages from parents on the web, click on the speech bubble in the top right-hand corner to see all message threads.
- The Mass messaging feature is available to administrators only
- Even parents that have not activated their brightwheel account will receive mass message texts (mobile only)* if you send an alert with SMS messages turned on, so this is a great way to send a personalized message inviting your parents to the brightwheel platform.
- Only parents whom you've added with cell phone numbers will receive text messages (US & Canada).
- Messages and Announcements sent via the web will be visible in the app and website for parents.