Parent-teacher communication is vital to the success of your student's education. Brightwheel makes it easy with an easy to use messaging platform built right into the mobile app. Communicate directly with all of the teachers your student interacts with daily by sending instant messages and getting notified of replies in the brightwheel mobile app.
Table of Contents:
View and Send Messages
Parents can view messages from teachers and staff from their mobile and respond directly. But there is no need to only respond, any parent can send a message at any time. These messages are viewable by all teachers assigned to your student's classroom(s), all parents on the student profile, and school administrators. To send a new message:
- Tap the Child’s Profile
- Click Message icon under the child's profile picture in iOS, top right-hand corner on Android
- Select your message type General, Late Drop Off, Late Pick Up, Early Pick Up, or Absent
- Add a note and Send
Please note: Only Parents can see the messages in a child's profile. Family Members can send but not receive receive messages. Approved Pickups and Emergency Contacts have no access to messaging.
Parent Message Types
To improve communication and make messages more readable, brightwheel offers five different message types. When selecting any message type other than General, the first line of the message will be bolded with that message type to help indicate to teachers and staff the subject of the message.
- General - This is the most commonly used message type. Use this for typical back-and-forth conversations, just like a text message.
- Late Drop Off - With a bolded header, quickly communicate that your student will be dropped off later than usual with an optional note.
- Late Pick Up - With a bolded header, quickly communicate that your student will be picked up later than usual with an optional note.
- Early Pick Up - With a bolded header, quickly communicate that your student will be picket up earlier than usual with an optional note.
- Absent - With a bolded header, quickly communicate that your student will be not be attending on a schedules day with an optional note.
Newsletters are a specific message type that teachers and administrators can use to create longer and more in-depth updates. These messages will display with the bolded message type Newsletter with the title of the newsletter. Tap on that message to view the entirety of the newsletter from your mobile app.