Parents can check-in their children from their own phones! Why is this great?
- Fast: No more lines waiting to sign-in on paper or a tablet. And parents can check-in/out multiple kids at one time.
- Flexible: Any parents who forgot their phone or don't have a smartphone can easily still use a school device.
- Secure: Much more secure than a physical signature. Parents must be on-site and will only match if they are an approved guardian.
- Approved: We developed Quick Scan with licensing in mind.
- Detail: If you wish, parents can submit notes and drop off info from their phone.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How does it work? Each location is assigned with a unique QR Image. Parents will select Check-In/Out from their app and quickly scan the image. They will then be prompted for their Check-In Code to complete the in/out.
- Will check-in codes still be used? Yes. Parents will be asked to input their personal 4 digit check-in code as the last step of checking in/out.
- Where is the image displayed? You can display your unique image on a laptop, tablet, or phone. Just look for the Quick Scan option at the bottom of the check-in section of the app. If you don't see it, ensure: a) You have the latest version of brightwheel, b) Quick Scan is enabled for your school.
- Can I print off the code? Yes! Here are further details on how to do this.
- Can I turn this feature on/off? Yes. Any administrator can update the check-in settings at any time. Navigate to the School Profile from the Administrator Home screen on the app or under School Settings on the web.
- How does the image work? We generate a personalized image just for your location. If you have multiple locations, you'll get one image per location. This is unique to you. In order for there to be a match, a verified parent/guardian from your school must scan the image from their device.
- What if I want to change my check-in image? In your Quick Scan settings, you have the option to have a new image automatically generated for you. If you enable this option, a new image will be created every 3 hours. Note: We do not recommend this option if you are going to be printing your QR Image.
- What if a parent forgets or doesn’t have a smartphone? No problem, parents will always be able to switch over to traditional check-in.
See our article on Check-in Settings for more info about all check-in options.