Brightwheel has begun releasing our new billing platform for new users. If the content in this article does not match what you see in your account, please click here for related content in your account.
This article explains what to do with your billing setup during an unexpected temporary closure with the understanding that your school will reopen with the same students and the same overall billing setup/rates.
If you expect to be closed for 1 or 2 billing cycles:
- Delete the Pending Charges from the Student Accounts tab prior to statements going out. You will need to do this for every cycle of statements. As an example, if you send out weekly statements and are closed for two weeks, you will need to delete the pending charges this week and then log in again next week to delete the pending charges for the next set of statements. A blank statement will still be created, but the parent will not be notified or billed.
- You do not need to delete the recurring charges or billing plans for each student. Parents do not need to make any adjustments to Autopay.
- Once you reopen billing will resume automatically and you will not need to take any actions.
If you expect to be closed for more than 2 billing cycles:
- Navigate to brightwheel Billing
- Click the banner to end all billing plans
- Confirm your action on the pop-up
- This will remove all pending charges that may have been added since the student’s last billing cycle. You may need to send immediate one-time charges if there are other charges that still need to be paid.
- Once you reopen your center, the recurring charges will still be in your Charge Library. You will need to add them to each student’s billing plan again. New billing plans can be created in bulk.
If students stopped attending in the middle of a billing cycle and the statement has already posted:
- Issue a credit. If you issue it before the parent pays then the parents will only be charged the remaining balance that they owe. If you issue it after the parent pays, then it will apply against the next billing cycle you have after reopening. Also, make sure the student’s billing plan is canceled so no further charges are sent to the family.