Brightwheel has been working hard to improve our billing tool. We recently began rolling out some significant updates. If you haven't received the updates yet, don't worry - we will reach out with more information once they're available for your program.
In the meantime, we are still here to support you on the earlier version of brightwheel billing! Below you will find a directory of all of the help center content you are used to, if you need any additional assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team at email@example.com. We're here to help!
Early Adopter Billing Article Directory
- How to: Get Started on Billing - Adding your Deposit Bank Account and Getting Started with Billing
Invoices and Plans
- How To: Create Invoices - Create an Invoice and Add Discounts Before Sending it to Parents
- How To: Create New Invoice Items - You now have the option to create and save invoice/plan items for future use
- How To: Edit or Delete Invoice Items - It's easy to make edits to or remove your invoice items
- How To: Create A Recurring Plan - How to Create a Recurring Plan (or multiple plans) For Your Students
- Billing Plan Management - FAQ on how to manage and edit your existing plans
- How To: Use Partial Payments - Turn on the ability for your parents to make partial payments
- How To: Pay Invoices with Cash, Check, or Subsidy - Pay Invoices With Cash, Check, or Subsidy During and After Creation
- How To: Use Mandatory Autopay - Instructions for how schools manage Mandatory Autopay for parents
- How To: Filter Invoices by Status - How to easily find invoices that are paid, past due, and unpaid
- How To: Issue a Refund - The ability to refund invoices is now available on brightwheel
- How To: Edit Paid Invoices - What to do if you accidentally pay an invoice, a check bounces, or you need to mark an invoice as unpaid
- How To: Bill Parents Separately - Best practices for setting up billing plans for divorced or separated families
- Invoice FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions about Invoice Creation and Management
Billing for Schools
- Billing Overview Dashboard - The Billing Overview Dashboard provides directors and administrators an at-a-glance view of their most essential billing information
- Deposits Dashboard - How to: Navigate the Deposits Dashboard
- Deposit Timing - How long until payments are deposited in my bank account?
- Disputed Charges - What will happen in the event of a dispute?
- Failed Payments - How Schools and Parents can Manage a Payment Failure
Billing for Parents
- How To: Pay an Invoice - Information for parents paying via brightwheel
- Autopay For Parents - How does Autopay Work?
- Mandatory Autopay for Parents - Why can't I turn my autopay off?
- Deactivate Autopay - Deactivate autopay with a flip of a switch
- Billing Transactions Report - How to Pull a Detailed Report or A High Level Summary for Taxes
- Aging Report - Run a Report by Student, Classroom or Status that Tracks Past Due Payments
- Deposit Report - A Report of All Deposits Made to Your Account
- Revenue Report - The Best Way to Manage Your Revenue Data by Room, Student, or Date
- Year End Reporting - End of the Year Tax Reporting for Parents and Schools