Brightwheel has begun releasing our new billing platform for new users. If the content in this article does not match what you see in your account, please click here for related content in your account.
Feature Available on All Plans
Feature Available on Web App
The first step in accepting payment online through brightwheel is to add a deposit account. This is the account that all funds parents pay toward their balances will be deposited into, this must be a checking account. While this is not required to use the billing platform for statements and payment tracking, it is the fastest and easiest way to get paid by parents.
Table of Contents
Add Deposit Account
In order to add a deposit account and collect payments through the brightwheel app, the School Information section needs to be completed. Once that section has been filled out, the option to add your bank account information will be displayed.
To get started, the billing administrator will first need to enter the school's information. If your school has an Employee Identification Number (EIN), be sure to enter it here before adding a deposit bank account.
- Navigate to the Billing section of brightwheel
- Go to the Settings tab
- Complete the information requested in the School Information section
- Review and Save
Please Note: Your Billing Administrator should be the person who manages and is authorized to make decisions about the company's funds. That can be the owner, site manager, staff accountant, etc. The Billing Administrator does not need to match the name of the Bank Account owner.
Once the above information is complete and saved, the option to add a deposit account will appear in a box to the right. You school's deposit account should be a checking account only.
When adding a new deposit account, you have the option of:
- Cooperate - Choose this option if your school has an Employee Identification Number (EIN) that you file taxes under
- Individual - If your school does not have an EIN, choose this option
When you are ready, follow the steps below to add your deposit account:
- Click Add Account
- Choose your Account Type
- Enter your Account Information
- Enter your Social Security Number and Corporate Employer Identification Number if you have one
- Review and click Add Account
Once your account has been added, you can determine the payment methods and settings.
- The social security number is required by law, please see this article for more information.
- It can take up to 3 business days for your account to be fully verified and ready to receive payments. The best way to ensure that your account is verified quickly is to enter all required information under School Information.
- Deposit accounts cannot be a savings account.
Verify Deposit Account
Sometimes the payment processor will request additional information about the deposit account and/or the billing administrator. These additional steps are taken to confirm the identity of the listed person and help prevent the misuse of the brightwheel billing platform.
In the case that additional information is required, your account administrator will receive an email outlining exactly what steps need to be taken, how to follow up, and a direct email address to direct any of your questions.
Responding to these requests in a timely manner is vital to getting your program up and running on brightwheel billing as quickly as possible.
Check out this article to learn more about why brightwheel may request personal information to verify your company's billing account.
Remove Deposit Account
To remove a deposit account for any reason, please complete this form. Our support team will be able to assist you in removing this account and will follow up once complete.
Removing a deposit account will mean that parents will no longer be able to make payments through the brightwheel platform.
Please Note: If you would like to change a deposit account, you must first have the current one removed and then add the new account.