Feature Available on Mobile and Web
Messaging all parents at once is a great way for your center to announce school closures, events, updates and anything else you would like to share.
Mass Messaging on Mobile
Message all of your parents at once with our Message All Parents feature.
- Open the brightwheel app to the Administrator Home page
- Click Message All Parents
- Tap the speech bubble in the top right-hand corner
- Select the room(s) you want to message, or select all (top right) to message all parents
- Select the message type you wish to send
- Type the message and send
Parents will receive the message in their inbox on the app, or if you've chosen an SMS Alert, the message will be delivered to the phone number on file.
Mass Messaging on Web
The Announcement feature enables administrators to send messages to all of the parents in a room or many rooms, just like the Message All Parents feature in the brightwheel mobile app. To send a new announcement:
- Open the brightwheel website
- Click on the speech bubble in the top right-hand corner
- Go to the Announcement tab and click +New Announcement
- Select the desired room(s) and click Next
- Pick the message type you would like to send from the drop-down
- Compose your message in the text box and click Send Announcement
- This feature is available to administrators only
- Even parents that have not activated their brightwheel account will receive mass message texts (mobile only)*, so this is a great way to send a personalized message inviting your parents to the brightwheel platform.
- Only parents whom you've added with cell phone numbers will receive text messages.
- Messages and Announcements sent via the web will be visible in the mobile app for parents.