We’re excited to welcome you to brightwheel! Brightwheel is the fastest and easiest to use software in early education. It does still require an investment to get fully setup. The details below explain the steps to getting started and the timeline we recommend.
ADD ROOMS, STUDENTS & PARENTS [2 days before onboarding call]
ACTIVATE BILLING TOOL [2 days before onboarding call]
- Enter your deposit account information to get started on the brightwheel billing and invoicing tool. To do so enter your information under Activate Account in the Billing tab. Check out our Billing Getting Started video here.
ONBOARDING CALL [7-10 days before launch] (optional, Premium customers only)
- Qualified premium customers get a personal onboarding session with an experienced onboarding coach. Not sure what you need for your onboarding session? See our Onboarding Call Prep Guide.
INVITE & TRAIN STAFF [5-8 days before launch]
- Invite your staff to brightwheel and have them watch our staff training video to familiarize themselves with the app and practice logging activities using the demo room.
INVITE PARENTS [3-7 days before launch]
If you have already added parents to brightwheel in prior steps, you can officially invite them to join brightwheel.
- Email Invitations: Just click Invite All on your Parents Dashboard. This will send each parent a personal email or text message from brightwheel. You can also send a more personalized email. Here’s an introduction email draft you can adapt to your needs.
- Paper Invitations: Click Print Invitations on your Parents Dashboard. This will generate one PDF with individual invitations for you to distribute to each parent.
- One-Pager: To get parents excited, we’ve created this helpful handout for you to give to them. It highlights what brightwheel is and why they are going to be happy your program is using it. The handout is a PDF, so you can download it and attach it to an email, or print it out and give to parents in person.
If you have not yet added parents, you can do so by going to your Students Dashboard and adding parent information to each student’s profile.
- The big day! If you have any questions, contact us via email or chat (see below).
STATUS CHECK [3-5 days after launch]
- Track parent status and easily remind parents that haven’t signed up yet. Review the helpful Activity Report to see activities being logged by staff members.