Brightwheel has begun releasing our new billing platform for new users. If the content in this article does not match what you see in your account, we are actively working to release these features for you as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience as we work to continue to improve your brightwheel billing experience.
Schools now have the power to issue and manage parent refunds right from their dashboard.
- Login to your account on a desktop computer and navigate to Billing > Invoices:
2. Click on the Options button next to the invoice, and then click Manage:
Then you click "options" again and you'll have the option to refund the invoice:
3. You can then edit the amount you wish to refund (you may refund any amount up to the full total of the invoice) and select a reason:
4. Once you select Confirm Refund, you will see that the status of the invoice has changed to Refund Pending. Please be aware that it may take up to 10 days for the refund to process back to the parent's account.
5. Once the refund is complete, the invoice status will change to Refunded or Partially Refunded if only a portion of the invoice was returned. If an invoice is partially refunded, you still have the option to refund the remainder of the invoice at a later date.
Please note: If you're looking to refund a cash or check payment, please see here.