Table to Contents
Log an Activity
You can log an activity from a specific child's feed or from the directly from the room to share to multiple student's feeds as once. Simply tap the Activity Wheel, choose the action you wish to record, and post. Simple as that!
How to Log Activities For the Daily Feed
- Select a Room
- Click the Activities wheel on the bottom middle
- Select an Activity
- Tag an individual, some, or all of the children
- Log the activity (Click here to learn how to edit the individual post)
See below for the actions you have at your disposal:
- Photo - Share photos of your students with their parents to keep them engaged throughout the day
- Video* - Record a video in app or upload one from your gallery. Let parents experience those special moments form anywhere!
- Observation* - This feature enables educators to log student observations in accordance with a set of state standards or learning frameworks.
- Food - Create custom food menus for tracking purposes. The Premium version of this feature allows for CACFP tracking.
- Nap† - Record the beginning and ending of naps to enable and disable nap icons to quickly see who is sleeping.
- Potty - Track diaper changes and potty breaks.
- Note - Add notes to easily communicate with your parents about daily activities and important information.
- Kudos - Give you students recognition for doing a good job and share with their parents.
- Custom* - Create custom tags to log specific activities affiliated with your school or program.
- Meds - This is a great way to provide peace of mind to parent to ensure their children are getting the care they need.
- Name to Face*† - This feature is used as for internal documentation (only staff will see it in the child's feed) that allows you to document a child's whereabouts without sending a notification to their parents.
- Incident* - Log an incident for the parents or just for staff.
- Health Checks - Track and monitor student health.
†Cannot be logged for a future date or time
Brightwheel allows you to take photos and record videos right from the app, or you can upload from your gallery.
Edit or Delete Actions
You can edit or delete actions from the app or on the web. Here's how:
From the App:
- From your home roster, click on the student.
- Within the feed, select the action to edit/delete.
- Tap the desired action within the pop-up prompt — “Deleting and/or editing the action.”
- For actions that record times, you may also edit those times..
Android Users: You will first need to confirm the date in order to edit the time.
Here is how to do this from the web.
When you log an action to start a nap, you will see a small sleeping baby icon appear in the top left hand corner of that child's profile picture in the room view. With these nap icons, you will be able to quickly see who is napping and when. You can record a new action to select all awake or asleep in one click!
Can I record actions for multiple children at once?
Yes. Every action from the activity wheel allows you to select one, multiple, or all children during the recording. Actions are only recorded within the selected children’s activity feeds.
Who will see the recorded actions or photos?
Recorded actions and photos will only post within the feeds of the children you tagged. Each child's feed can only be viewed by teachers, parents, and guardians connected to their profile.
What are Staff Only posts?
The Staff Only check box offers your more control over which posts can be viewed by parents and when, learn how to enable and disable staff-only posts here.