Available on Mobile
Brightwheel now offers a streamlined check-in process for parents. Parents can simply enter their check-in code first, and brightwheel will display only their children for them to check-in/out. This feature is also available while in Room Device Mode, more on that here.
The QR Code for Quick Scan is also now conveniently displayed in the Check-in Kiosk for parents who wish to check-in their child via their phones.
By using the Check-in Kiosk, the school can choose which type of check-in method they'd like parents to use within their check-in settings:
- Check-in Code only
- Check-in Code + Quick Scan
- Check-in Code + Signature
Any teacher with admin access can setup the Check-in Kiosk:
- From the home screen select the 3 horizontal lines at the top-left of the screen (iOS & Android)
- Tap Check-in Kiosk
- Enter your 4-digit code. This code can be found under Edit Profile in your account.
Once the Check-in Kiosk is setup, Parents will use one of the 3 options for checking in their child, depending which option the school has enabled.
Note: Parents can find their 4-digit code under Edit Profile in their accounts.
Option A: Entering code on school device
- Parent enters their 4-digit check-in code
- If two parents have the same check-in code, they will be prompted to enter the last four digits of the phone number on their profile, to confirm who their identity.
- Parent can then toggle the in/out button to check their child in or out
- Parent taps Done to complete the process
Option B: Code + Quick Scan
Note: This option requires use of a parent's mobile device
- Parent scans the QR code with their phone
- Parent toggles the in/out button to check their child in or out on their own device
- Parent taps Done, then enters their 4-digit check-in code on their own device
Option C: Code + Signature
- Parent enters their 4-digit code on the school's device
- Parent toggles the in/out button next to their child's name, then taps Done
- Parent leaves a digital signature, and taps Done again to complete
Please note: currently only parents can check-in students via the Check-in Kiosk. For teachers to check-in students, please exit Kiosk Mode and tap the Check-in or Attendance icon on the Room screen.