Add & Invite Staff Web or App
Now that you are making your way through the Getting Started Checklist, we recommend getting all your teachers signed up so they can log activities. The school owner and other designated admins can add and invite staff to brightwheel. Your staff members can add the app to their devices or login from school designated devices. Check out some affordable devices we recommend for your school.
Staff members will be able to log activities for the children in their assigned Rooms and do Check In. If you would like to offer your Staff some initial training, share this helpful Training Video.
Table of Contents:
- Adding Staff From The Web
- Adding Staff From Your Mobile App
- Removing or Deleting Staff
- Assign Staff Admin Privileges
Adding Staff From The Web
The web is a great place to get your staff set up. Follow the instructions here:
- Click the Staff tab
- Type in the name and email of the Staff members in the Add a new staff member section. This sends them this invite email
- Find and click their name on the Roster
- Designate the assigned rooms and their Admin status
Contact Support for these rare issues:
- A teacher has already created a brightwheel account, outside of the school
- You accidentally delete a staff member, and need it restored
Note: If a teacher does not get the email invitation, please have them create an account with the same email you listed. This will connect them to the school. There is currently no way to resend the staff invitation.
Adding Staff From Your Mobile App
Only School Owners can add new staff from the Mobile App. Soon all designated admins will have this access.
- Tap on the three lines in the top left-hand corner
- Select Staff on the top right
- Select “+” to enter the name, email, phone number, and room allocation for that teacher.
- The teacher will get an email invitation
Removing or Deleting Staff
If your staff only use school devices to access brightwheel, then simply deleting them from your account is adequate for removing their access. To remove staff:
- Select the Staff member's profile from either the web, or mobile app.
- Click Delete at the bottom of their profile.
If your staff use personal devices (laptops or mobile tablets and phones) to access brightwheel, we will need to clear those sessions for you on our end.
If you need to remove access for a particular staff member who is using a personal device, please send us a message at [email protected].
Assign Staff Admin Privileges
Anyone with admin access will have full access to the school's account. To give someone full access you will need to follow these steps:
- Add the staff member in as a staff at the school
- From the Web, Select the staff member's name from the list of staff
- Check the box at the bottom of the screen under the room assignments that reads 'Has Administrator Privileges?'