Table of Contents:
How to Upload Your Roster
How to Use the Roster Upload tool (for free accounts with more than 20 students, or premium accounts with any student count):
- Go to schools.mybrightwheel.com and log in.
- From the dashboard, click on +Add Students.
- Click Upload Roster.
- Click Upload Now.
- Upload a file using our template.
- At minimum, file should contain student name(s) & room(s) but we also enter birthdays, allergies, notes, medications, parents (email addresses are required), and more.
- Parent email addresses are required if you’d like to also include parent info with the upload at this time. If you submit a roster with parent names but not email addresses, parents will NOT be added.
- Preferred file format is Excel or CSV, if you choose not to use our template
***We offer data import from childcare management systems! We accept and easily upload files from Procare, EZCare, Daycare Works, Childcare Manager, etc
Please read this important information about using our Roster Upload tool:
- Our system automatically sends parents an email invitation to join brightwheel when your file is uploaded. If you wish, we are able to put a HOLD on those invites until you’re ready to share brightwheel with your families. In this event, please send us an email to [email protected] at the time of your upload with a request to HOLD parent invites.
- Many schools that invite parents do a basic set up using our template, and then request that their parents populate their child’s profile with more detailed info (i.e. birthday, allergies, emergency contacts, additional guardians, etc.).
- At any time you may add additional info to your account, including teachers, parents, and individual student profile info.
- We offer 1 upload for our free accounts, but on our premium level, you receive an unlimited number of roster uploads.
Exporting from ProCare
Use a ProCare export and upload it to brightwheel. The steps are as follows:
- Go to “Family Data & Accounting”
- Select Data Viewer
- Select “Child Relationships” as of Today’s date and run the report.
- Click the down arrow next to the floppy disk and export as CSV.
Have a question? Email us at [email protected]