Mobile Feature Only
Allowing staff to maintain student information can be a great way to keep information up to date. But some schools prefer to keep these privileges for specific staff members and administrators only. See the chart below to learn more about access and privileges based on staff user type.
School administrators can now turn this privilege on and off as desired for each staff member right from the app! Here's how:
- Log in to your brightwheel app
- From the dashboard, click the three lines in the upper right hand corner
- Select Admin Tools
- Navigate to the Staff page: Upper right hand corner on Android or School Profile > Staff on iOS
- Select the staff member you wish to edit
- Scroll down to Permissions
- Toggle on/off Edit information
Tips for Managing Permissions
Default for new Staff being created is “OFF” - new Staff will not be able to edit Student Profile by default; Admin will need to turn it on if they want to do so
Existing staff will retain their current privileges - Admins will need to go in and turn off their ability to edit Student Profiles if they would like to do so.